Riverside police charged Aurora resident Roosevelt McCray, 29, with public intoxication and public indecency after he reportedly freaked out following ingestion of intoxicants, jumping out of a car, taking off all of his clothes and acting in a violent manner.

When police arrived at the intersection of Northgate and Repton roads at about 7:25 p.m. on Jan. 18, they reportedly found McCray – completely naked except for his socks – sitting next to a parked vehicle and grabbing his penis on the 400 block of Repton Road. An officer stated that McCray appeared disoriented and that his pupils were “extremely constricted.”

Believing McCray to be under the influence of drugs, police called paramedics who took McCray to MacNeal Hospital in Berwyn for observation and treatment. He was later released into Riverside police custody.

According to the report, McCray’s 29-year-old girlfriend, a Berwyn resident, said McCray had been smoking cannabis laced with PCP. While riding in a 2008 Chevy with his girlfriend and another woman near 26th Street and Harlem Avenue, McCray attempted to exit the moving vehicle.

His girlfriend turned into Riverside, where McCray got out of the car, took off his clothes and kicked the car, breaking the driver’s side mirror.

Police said McCray has been arrested numerous times in the past, mainly for drug offenses. He was last arrested in Chicago in October 2010 for possession of more than 30 grams of PCP, police said.

Car break-ins in North Riverside

Thieves removed the radios from a pair of SUVs at Castle Buick, 7400 Cermak Road, North Riverside, last week.

At 9:14 a.m. on Jan. 17, police were called to the dealership to investigate the theft of a radio from a white 2007 GMC Denali parked on the lot. The driver’s side-door handle was separated from the car body, giving the thief access to the lock mechanism, police said.

That same day just before 3 p.m., police returned to the dealership after an employee noticed that a Kenwood radio had been removed from a black 2007 GMC Denali, parked on the lot. There was no sign of forced entry to the vehicle.

Also on Jan. 17, police responded to the food court parking lot at the North Riverside Mall, 7501 Cermak Road, at 3:38 p.m. for a vehicle break-in there. The owner of a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee said that between 2:30 and 3:30 p.m., someone entered the vehicle and removed a book bag containing a laptop computer and two cellphones.

At 4:30 p.m. that same day, police responded to the parking lot at Kohl’s, 2200 Harlem Ave., after the owner of a 2001 Chevy Prizm stated that between 1:30 and 4:30 p.m., someone entered the vehicle and removed the radio from the dashboard.

The owner stated the doors to the car were locked, though police found no signs of forced entry.

Rented vehicle not returned

The manager of a North Riverside rental car agency filed a report with police on Jan. 18, claiming a woman had rented a 2009 Chevy Aveo in November and never returned it.

According to the report, the woman came into Hertz, 2100 Harlem Ave., at 10:30 a.m. on Nov. 8. The woman rented a Chevy with Georgia license plates, using a Visa credit card to complete the transaction. The rental agreement stated the vehicle would be returned Nov. 16.

But as of Jan. 18, the vehicle had not been returned. A certified letter sent to the address provided by the woman was returned by the post office and calls to both phone numbers provided by the woman were unsuccessful.

Best to just stay away

Brookfield police charged 20-year-old Nicacio Munoz, of Cicero, with criminal trespass to a residence and violating an order of protection after showing up at an apartment building where his ex-girlfriend lives.

Police arrived at the scene on the 4500 block of Elm Avenue at 11:51 p.m. on Jan. 22 and found Munoz at the front door of the building. Munoz reportedly told police his ex-girlfriend had invited him over. When no one answered knocks at the door, Munoz reportedly opened a window and stuck his head through it, surprising the female tenant – who is not his ex-girlfriend – inside. Munoz stated that he looked into the wrong window by mistake, according to the report.

Police then talked to Munoz’s ex-girlfriend, who reportedly told them Munoz had called her several times between 11 and 11:15 p.m., asking to come over. She reportedly told him to stay away. A Cook County judge issued an order of protection against Munoz on July 29, 2010, police said.

When Munoz called her again at 11:49 p.m., she called police.

These items were obtained from police reports filed by the Riverside, North Riverside and Brookfield police departments from Jan. 17 to Jan. 23, 2011, and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Unless otherwise indicated, anybody named in these reports has only been charged with a crime. These cases have not been adjudicated.

– compiled by Bob Uphues