Two men seeking some payback for a beating their brother took at the hands of a Brookfield resident have been charged with home invasion after they allegedly forced their way into a home in the 3300 block of Oak Avenue and proceeded to smash it up using baseball bats.

Jason Deibert, 31, of Chicago, and his brother Joshua Deibert, 18, of Brookfield are being held in Cook County Jail awaiting a preliminary court date at the Maybrook courthouse. At their bond hearing Tuesday morning, Judge Pamela Leeming set Jason Deibertfs bond at $150,000 and Joshua Deibertfs bond at $100,000.

Home invasion is a Class X felony, punishable for between six and 30 years in prison, if convicted.

Brookfield police were called to the scene just before 2 p.m. on March 31 after receiving a 911 call about two masked men wielding baseball bats inside the home. According to the report, a 21-year-old woman who shares a bedroom with her boyfriend in the basement of the home said she was lying on the bed when she heard a loud noise.

When she pulled back a sheet serving as a door to the room, the woman reported seeing two men, later identified as the Deibert brothers, holding baseball bats.

One of the brothers wore a Guy Fawkes mask, while the other wore a black mask with a white skull print on it, according to police.

The man in the Guy Fawkes mask began yelling, gWhere is he?h and swung the bat over the womanfs head, said police. After the woman said that her boyfriend wasnft at home, the two men reportedly went inside the bedroom and began to destroy items inside, including a desk, chair and computer.

According to police, Jason Deibert swung so hard at the items in the bedroom that he broke the bat in two, the pieces of which were found inside the room after the alleged attack.

A 47-year-old man who was upstairs at the time of the incident told police he heard a commotion in the basement. When he called down to the woman to see what was going on, she reportedly shouted to him that there were men with baseball bats in the basement.

Upon hearing the manfs voice from upstairs, the Deiberts reportedly left the house through the back door. Police reported that the back door appeared to have been forced open, possible kicked in.

Police learned from the woman that the attack might have been related to an incident that had occurred earlier that morning. At about 2 a.m., a third Deibert brother was beaten after entering the basement bedroom and waking up the 23-year-old man who lived there.

Itfs unclear what the third Deibert brother wanted from the resident of the home. According to police, the resident told him to get out and then beat the man severely enough that he had to be treated for his injuries at the hospital. That prompted his brothers to seek revenge later in the day, police said.

No charges were filed in connection with the earlier incident, according to police.