COURTESY OF RIVERSIDE TOWNSHIP
Officials of the Riverside Township Lions Club have announced that 28 organizations will share over $8,500.00 in the club’s annual distribution of funds.
The Riverside Township Lions Club donates to organizations that provide services to the blind and deaf, as well as to organizations that assist children and adults who are disabled or have special needs. Financial support also is provided to a number of local charities and organizations.
Organizations serving Riverside Township that received donations this year include the North Riverside and Riverside public libraries to purchase materials for the hearing-impaired and visually-impaired; Boy Scout Troops 24 and 92; Explorer Posts 126 and 390; People Care in Riverside; the Riverside Township Food Pantry; Girl Scout Troops 1020 and 657; the Riverside Historical Commission; the North Riverside Historical Society; the Riverside Friends of July 4th; All in for Ethan; and the Riverside Arts Center.
Other west suburban organizations receiving donations this year include Pillars in Berwyn; Helping Hand Rehabilitation Center in Countryside; Scottish Home in North Riverside; Seguin Services Inc. in Cicero; and the Aging Care Connections in La Grange.
In addition, donations were given this year to the Chicago Lighthouse for the Blind, Second Sense, Hadley School for the Blind, Chicago Hearing Society, the Illinois Eye Bank; the Fisher House at Hines VA Hospital; and Dogs for the Deaf.
A donation also was made to the Lions Governor’s Fund.
The Riverside Township Lions Club was founded in 1948 and meets monthly. For more information or to get involved with the Riverside Township Lions Club, visit http://e-clubhouse.org/sites/riversidetownship.