Kristen Goodman and Consuelo “Connie” Esparza are running for the office of school board member for Lyons-Brookfield Elementary School District 103. Both women have the benefit of being current school board members and also fresh faces. They were chosen to fill vacancies (Kristen in 2013 and Connie in 2014) and have been active board members for over one year.
Both are highly educated, professional women that have significant personal investment in the community with children attending school in the district, and neither have any political interests in the position.
Kristen and Connie stand for:
A rewarding education for all District 103 students that engages families and builds energy toward improving test scores,
Holding administration accountable for achieving above median test scores,
Using data to drive decisions on what is working and not working,
Implementing a curriculum committee to ensure that every avenue is pursued to advance test scores,
Being wise stewards of taxpayers money blended with financial accountability and transparency,
Focusing on redirecting money directly to the classroom by curtailing administrative spending and streamlining district operations,
Continuing to operate the district with a balanced budget,
Embracing early childhood education that will allow children to better adapt and transition to kindergarten,
Reinstituting and promoting a district preschool program.
On a personal note:
- Is a mother of a first-grader at Edison Elementary
- Has 20 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Earned the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
- Received her M.B.A. from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University
- Resides in Stickney
- Is a fluent Spanish-speaking Mexican-American with a full understanding of the needs of the district’s evolving demographic
- Is a mother of a current GWMS student, Morton High School student
- Resides in Lyons
- Has worked in higher education for over 20 years
- Received her M.B.A. from Roosevelt University in Chicago
Kristen Goodman and Connie Esparza are candidates for the Lyons-Brookfield District 103 school board.