As Winter Storm Mateo sweeps toward the Chicago area – bringing with it snow that is expected to accumulate up to a foot by the evening of Feb. 9 – schools and other public institutions have begun issuing closure or late opening notices.
We’ll be keep updating the list as Feb. 9 closures/late starts are announced:
- Riverside-Brookfield High School – closed on Feb. 9 (UPDATED)
- Lyons Township High School, closed Feb. 9
- Nazareth Academy, LaGrange Park, closed on Feb. 9
- Fenwick High School, Oak Park, closed on Feb. 9
- St. Joseph High School, Westchester, closed Feb. 9
- Brookfield-LaGrange Park District 95, all schools, closed Feb. 9
- Riverside District 96, all schools, closed Feb. 9 (UPDATED).
- LaGrange-Brookfield District 102, all schools, closed Feb. 9
- Lyons-Brookfield Distict 103, all schools closed and all after-school activities canceled on Feb. 9. All basketball games on Feb. 10 canceled.
- Komarek School, North Riverside, closed on Feb. 9 (UPDATED)
- St. Paul Lutheran School, Brookfield, closed Feb. 9
- St. Mary School, Riverside, closed Feb. 9
- Brookfield Public Library, closing at 7 p.m. on Feb. 8 and will remain closed all day Feb. 9.
- Riverside Public Library, closed Feb. 9
- Vilage of Brookfield, Feb. 9 garbage/recycling pickup postponed until Saturday, Feb. 10