One of the men charged in connection with the robbery of an ATM service technician in Riverside last month has been indicted by a grand jury and transferred from Cook County Jail to Stateville Correctional Center in Joliet while he awaits trial for armed robbery.

Terance A. Edwards, 26, of Country Club Hills was on parole for a 2016 robbery conviction when he allegedly served as the getaway driver of a 2008 Nissan Altima that sped away from police after the Sept. 24 robbery and crashed into a tree on the parkway of East Burlington Street on the edge of Riverside’s downtown.

The Illinois Department of Corrections issued a parole violation warrant for Edwards, who was transferred to Stateville on Oct. 4.

On Oct. 15 a Cook County grand jury indicted Edwards on two counts of armed robbery, one count of aggravated robbery and three counts of aggravated fleeing.

Arraignment is set for Oct. 25 in Room 108 at the Maybrook Courthouse in Maywood.

Meanwhile, two men charged by the FBI with physically assaulting the ATM technician and stealing about $8,000 in cash have been allowed to post bail and are free while awaiting trial on federal bank robbery charges.

U.S. District Court Judge Maria Valdez set bond for both Gianaurre Shaviss, 19, of Flossmoor, and Christopher Greene, 18, of Homewood, at $50,000. Both were released from federal custody on Oct. 1 after posting bail. Conditions of their release were not made available to the public on the U.S. District Court’s website.

No future court dates have been set for Shaviss and Greene at this time, according to federal court records.

A 17-year-old also charged with robbery by the Cook County State’s Attorney was also released from custody pending trial, according to Riverside Police Chief Thomas Weitzel.

After the crash, during which police say shots were fired from the occupants of the fleeing vehicle, police recovered three handguns, about $7,740 in cash and shell casings from the roadway.

Police sent the shell casings and weapons to the Illinois State Police Crime Lab to be processed. Weitzel said last week that two of the weapons recovered by police were stolen.

A .40-caliber pistol was reportedly stolen out of Tipton, Indiana, in 2016. Meanwhile, Weitzel said one of two 9 mm handguns recovered from the scene was reported stolen on Sept. 24 – the same day as the Riverside ATM robbery – from a vehicle in East Chicago, Indiana.