Tickets are now on sale for Riverside Junior Women’s Charity’s “Brews, Blues & BBQ” fundraiser at the Riverside Swim Club, 100 Bloomingbank Road, on April 22 from 2 to 6 p.m.
Proceeds go to support local charities. Tickets (21-older only) are $80 per person ($100 includes whiskey tasting) and include a sampling glass, 40 beer samples, pig roast (vegetarian/non-pork options) and live music. Ticket sales close April 5.
To buy tickets, visit riversidejuniors.org/brewfest.
Easter Egg Hunt in Riverside
Riverside Parks & Recreation invites all kids 10 and under to participate in their annual Easter Egg Hunt, which is scheduled for April 1 at Big Ball Park, at the corner of Longcommon and Delaplaine roads, starting at 10 a.m. sharp.
The Easter Bunny will join the children as they hunt for hidden eggs, each of which contains a prize. Children should bring their own bags or baskets to collect the plastic eggs.
Triton Troupers Circus returns
Step right up and be amazed and thrilled as the Triton Trouper Circus returns with its 50th annual show March 30-31 and April 1 in the Collins Center Gymnasium (R Building) at Triton College, 2000 5th Ave. in River Grove.
The circus features skilled performers who will wow audiences with clowning, juggling, trapeze artistry, unicycling, feats of strength, stunts and more.
Tickets are $6 per person and are available at tritontrouperscircus.com or at the door (no credit or debit cars accepted). Seating is limited.
Shows are at 7 p.m. on March 30-31 and April 1 with a 1 p.m. show on April 1, which will be interpreted for the hearing impaired. Doors open an hour before showtime.
Join writer, traveler and food historian Cynthia Clampett on April 3 at 7 p.m. at the Linda Sokol Francis Brookfield Library, 3541 Park Ave., for “Wild Boar to Baconfest: Pigs in History and Pop Culture.”
Clampett presents the history of pigs and pork to examine the impact these animals have had worldwide, focusing on the Midwest, from Cincinnati’s “Porkopolis” to Chicago’s “Hog Butcher of the World.”
Register to attend by calling 708-485-6917, ext. 130 or visiting brookfield.evanced.info/signup.
Chicago’s very own … parakeets
Riverside Public Library, 1 Burling Road, invites you to join Stephen Pruett-Jones, Riverside editor of “Naturalized Parrots of the World” for the special presentation “Monk Parakeets in Chicago” about a parakeet species that has found a home in the Chicago area, including Riverside.
The program is on April 4 at 7 p.m. in the library’s Community Room. Register to attend at riversidelibrary.org/events.
- Nazareth Academy, 1209 W. Ogden Ave. in LaGrange Park, host a Spring Fine Arts Showcase on April 3 from 5 to 8 p.m. in the Rooney Student Center. The showcase includes a reception, gallery tours and an exhibition of artwork from dozens of students. All are welcome.
- The St. Paul VI Parish Holy Name Society hosts its 3rd Annual Easter Basket Raffle, which will be livestreamed virtually at stpaulviparish.org on April 2 at 3 p.m. Thirty-five baskets will be raffled off in addition to a split-the-pot raffle with thousands of dollars in cash prizes. Each entry is $5 with a two-entry bonus with each $20 purchase for either raffle. The deadline to buy tickets is March 31. Call 708-602-1927 with questions.
- Riverside Arts Center, 32 E. Quincy St., presents “One Ends and Another Begins” featuring the work for Regin Igloria and “Over the Rainbow, One More Time,” featuring the work of Laura Kina through May 6. Gallery hours are Thursday-Saturday from 1 to 5 p.m. Visit riversideartscenter.com for more.
- North Riverside Public Library, 2400 Desplaines Ave., presents After School Art Escape (child with adult) on March 30 at 4 p.m., Morning Munchkin Stories with Ms. Karen on April 3 at 10:30 a.m., Safari ABCs (child with adult, every other week in Spanish) on April 5 at 10:30 a.m. and Using the Internet Archive for Genealogy with Debra Dudek on April 5 at 6 p.m. Register for programs online.
- Linda Sokol Francis Brookfield Library, 3541 Park Ave., presents Fairytale Storytime on March 30 at 10:30 a.m., a ‘Steel Magnolias’ screening with LATTE Theater on April 2 at 3 p.m., Chair Yoga (virtual) on April 3 at 11 a.m., Storytime Stars (ages 2-3 with caregiver) on April 4 at 10:30 a.m. and Danny Trejo Talks Tacos, Hollywood, and Redemption via Zoom on April 4 at 7 p.m. Call 708-485-6917 or visit online to register for programs.
- Riverside Public Library, 1 Burling Road, presents Drop-In Craft: Friendship Bracelets (all ages) on March 30 at 10 a.m., Bingo (all ages) on March 31 at 2 p.m., First Saturday Storytime on April 1 at 10 a.m., Mini-Movers Storytime (babies to age 3) on April 3 at 9:30 and 10:15 a.m., and Danny Trejo Talks Tacos, Hollywood, and Redemption via Zoom on April 4 at 7 p.m. To register for programs, visit online.
- The Brookfield Elks Lodge, 9022 31st St., hosts bingo the second Sunday of every month. Doors open at 1 p.m. and games start at 2 p.m. with cash payouts.