North Riverside police are reporting that a subject was found dead inside a bathroom at Kohl’s, 2200 Harlem Ave., on Wednesday night, and signs point to the victim suffering a drug overdose.
According to police, a customer found the 36-year-old man unresponsive inside a stall in the second-floor bathroom and notified store officials, who phoned police at about 8:45 p.m.
Video surveillance cameras showed the victim entering the bathroom about 8:15 p.m., police said.
Hypodermic needles were found at the scene of the incident, police said. In addition, police reported recovering a small plastic bag containing a white powdery substance inside the victim’s pants pocket, the charred top of a soda can, and a lighter.
However, a cause of death has not been announced and police are still awaiting results of an autopsy by the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office.
Police have not released the name of the subject, pending notification of family members.