LaGrange Restaurant Week
The LaGrange Business Association and restaurants in the village host LaGrange Restaurant Week from Feb. 28 through March 8, where chefs at 14 downtown LaGrange restaurants dish up unique items on value-priced menus reflecting the culinary diversity of the village.
Each restaurant features specially priced, multi-course menus of $20, $25 or $30 at lunch and/or dinner at Al’s Charhouse, Barrel House Social, Casa Margarita, Fireside Wood-Fired Pizza, Fourteensixteen, Kama Bistro, La Buona Vita, Nickson’s Eatery, Palmer Place, Prasino, Steak + Vine, Sushi Ukai, Victory Tap and Woow Sushi.
Free weekend valet parking available from 5 to 10 p.m. at three valet stations in the central business district.
For more information visit www.lgba.com.
Kids art exhibit
The Compassion Factory Art Gallery and Studio, 9210 Broadway Ave. in Broadway presents a Kids Art Show from March 1 to March 3.
The exhibit features the work of local school children in grades eight and under. A free reception will be held on Thursday March 1 from 4 to 9 p.m., with a closing reception on Saturday, March 3 from 1 to 3 p.m.
Hauser Jr. High Spring Concert
The L.J. Hauser Junior High Orchestra and Choir invites the community to enjoy their Spring Concert on Sunday, March 4 at 2 p.m. in the Great Room of the Riverside Public Library, 1 Burling Road.
The concert is free and open to the public.
Troop 24 Pancake breakfast
The scouts of Troop24/Pack 24 at Riverside Presbyterian Church, 116 Barrypoint Road in Riverside, host their annual Pancake Breakfast on Saturday, March 3 from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the church.
Tickets in advance are $5 (at the door $6) can be purchased from any scout. Kids under 5 eat for free. Enjoy all-you-can-eat pancakes, sausage, coffee and juice while supporting local Boy and Cub Scouts.
STEM EXPO 2018 coming soon!
STEM EXPO will showcase the talents of District 102 students in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and creative Making, from grades K-6 across the district on Saturday, March 3, from 9:00 a.m to noon at the Forest Road School Gymnasium, 901 N. Forest Road, LaGrange Park.
Exhibitors will be assigned a half hour time period when they will be required to be at their table to answer questions and explain their project to an EXPO Official. The Science Center Parent Enrichment Council funds the annual Science EXPO.
No cost to participate. For information visit website https://sites.google.com/a/dist102.k12.il.us/stem-expo/home
• Brookfield Public Library, 3609 Grand Blvd., hosts Book Fiesta, featuring Senorita Christal for a morning of stories and songs in Spanish, on March 3 at 10:30 a.m. and Social Awareness Storytime, featuring Molly Knott reading stories that address social justice issues on March 6 at 4 p.m. For more information, call 708-485-6917 or online at www.brookfieldlibrary.info.
• Riverside Arts Center, 32 E. Quincy St., presents “Flat Earth,” featuring the paintings of Chicago artist Andrew Falkowski through March 3 in the center’s Freeark Art Gallery, which is open Tuesday through Saturday from 1 to 5 p.m. Admission is free.
• North Riverside Public Library, 2400 Desplaines Ave., hosts Messy Mornings for Munchkins (ages 2 ), March 6 at 10:30 a.m. and Lapsit Storytime (babies/toddlers with adult) on March 1 at 10:30 a.m.
• Riverside Public Library, 1 Burling Road, and the Riverside Landscape Advisory Commission host Tree Storytime, featuring tree themed books and a nature craft on March 3 at 10 a.m. at 2 p.m. in the Quiet Reading Room. The library also hosts Knitting and Needlework Drop-in on Mondays in March at 7 p.m. in the Public Meeting Room.
• The Brookfield Elks Lodge, 9022 31st St., hosts bingo every Monday night. Doors open at 5 p.m. and games start at 7 p.m. minimum cash payout of $2,275 a night, plus pull tabs, lightning, tic-tac and raffles.
• Lyons Township High School invites the public to use the indoor track at the South Campus fieldhouse, 4900 S. Willow Springs Road in Western Spring on school days from 6 to 7 a.m. through March. No admission charge.
• Hauser Jr. High Auditorium, 65 Woodside Road, hosting Riverside School District 96 Kindergarten Registration Night,on March 8 at 6:00 p.m. (last name A – L), 7:15 p.m. (last name M – Z). Learn about the kindergarten program from principals and kindergarten teachers, with the opportunity to register students. Parents only please! For more information, visit online www.district96.org/kindergarten.
• Hauser Jr. High LRC, 65 Woodside Road, hosting Riverside School District 96 Strategic Plan Update, on March 14 at 6:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Please join us to learn more about the highlights and accomplishments of Riverside School District 96 as well as discuss our future goals. If you are interested in attending, please RSVP Margie at 708-447-5007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org by March 9.