TWS presents ‘Now and Then’
Theatre of Western Springs, 4384 Hampton Ave., presents “Now and Then,” a heartfelt romantic comedy about the choices we make or don’t make by Sean Grennan and directed by Terri Kozlowski, from Feb. 17-27.
Tickets are $23 or $25. Call the box office at 708-246-3380 or visit theatrewesternsprings.com.
Terry Sullivan returns to Riverside
Enjoy a concert of live jazz on Saturday, Feb. 19 at 6:30 p.m. with the Terry Sullivan Trio at Sts. Peter and Paul Lutheran Church, 250 Woodside Road in Riverside.
Vocalist Terry Sullivan will be joined by pianist Tom Muellner, bassist Larry Kohut and special guest Jon Deitemyer on drums.
Minimum suggested donation of $20, cash only, will be collected at the door. Masks required.
BEDS Plus presents Soup & Bread To Go
BEDS Plus invites you to buy a ticket good for a delicious cup of soup from Nonna’s Goodlife and entry into a vacation raffle during Soup & Bread To Go, which is being held instead of their annual in-person fundraiser.
Purchase $25 tickets at beds-plus.org and win a stay at a cottage-style resort on Anna Marie Island on the Golf Coast of Florida. Tickets are also good for one cup of soup while supplies last from Feb. 18-20 at one of Nonna’s three locations in LaGrange, Crestwood or Oak Lawn. The vacation raffle takes place Feb. 23 on Facebook Live.
Read to the Dogs at Brookfield Library
The Linda Sokol Francis Brookfield Library, 3541 Park Ave., invites children to Read to the Dogs during a special in-person program in the Storytime Room on Tuesday, Feb. 22 from 7 to 8 p.m.
The program is being hosted in partnership with the Hinsdale Humane Society. Registration and masks are required. Visit online to register.
Mary’s Monthly Movie screens ‘Harriet’
North Riverside Public Library, 2400 Desplaines Ave., will host its next installment of Mary’s Monthly Movie on Tuesday, Feb. 22 at 2 p.m. with a screening of the 2019 biopic “Harriet” starring Cynthia Erivo, Leslie Odom Jr., Joe Alwyn and Janelle Monáe.
Erivo received two Oscar nominations for her portrayal of abolitionist Harriet Tubman, who helped hundreds escape slavery by way of the Underground Railroad in pre-Civil War United States.
Refreshments provided. Registration required. Visit online to register.
- North Riverside Park Mall, 7501 Cermak Road, invites budding artists of all ages to participate in their Art Fest Contest, which runs through February. Visit Digital Hot Shots and pick up an 8-by-10 inch canvas and paint. Bring back the completed canvas by Feb. 20 for a chance to win a mall shopping spree. Winners announced March 1. Visit the mall’s Facebook page.
- AARP Tax Aid is back at Riverside Public Library, 1 Burling Road, and the Linda Sokol Francis Brookfield Library, 3541 Park Ave., to provide free tax assistance for those 60 and older. Volunteers will be at the Riverside Public Library on Wednesdays through April 6 and at the Linda Sokol Francis Brookfield Library on Fridays through April 8. You must register for appointments in person at the respective libraries.
- Riverside Arts Center, 32 E. Quincy St., presents “Muse,” an exhibition of photography and costumes by Niki Grangruth and James Kinser, through Feb. 19 and “The Bigger the Fear and Despair …” a two-person show featuring the work of Mayumi Lake and Stacia Yeapanis through February. Proof of vaccine required. Gallery hours are Thursday-Saturday from 1 to 5 p.m.
- North Riverside Public Library, 2400 Desplaines Ave., presents Stretching and Meditation via conference call (800-747-5150, code 1453322) on Feb. 21 at 6:30 p.m. If you need assistance with your smartphone, tablet or e-reader, drop in on Feb. 23 between 4 and 6 p.m. for some Device Advice.
Those in grades 6-12 can join the Scrapbooking Club on Feb. 19 at 1:30 p.m.
Kids ages 4-up can participate in the hybrid programs Lapsit Storytime (Zoom only) on Feb. 17 at 10:30 a.m.; After School Art Escape on Feb. 17 at 3:30 p.m.; Learn with Lester the Llama (Zoom only) on Feb. 19 at 10:30 a.m.; Story Safari (Zoom only) on Feb. 22 at 10:30 a.m.; and Silly Science, Crazy Construction & Stuff on Feb. 22 at 4 p.m.
Register for programs at the North Riverside Library’s online events calendar.
- Linda Sokol Francis Brookfield Library, 3541 Park Ave., invites you to Chair Yoga via Zoom on Feb. 17 at 11 a.m. and Movies with Marty (“The Thin Man Goes Home”) on Feb. 19 at 1 p.m. in Meeting Room 1. Visit online to register for programs.
- Riverside Public Library, 1 Burling Road, hosts a Riverside Township Community Resource Center Open House on Feb. 19 from 10 a.m. to noon. Receive guidance and referrals for aging services, benefits counseling, disability services, mental health services and substance abuse services. There’s also the virtual program Jump into Genealogy with certified genealogical researcher Jaymie Middendorf on Feb. 22 at 7 p.m. Link will be sent upon registration. Visit online to register.
- Through March 25, the Lyons Township High School South Campus Fieldhouse indoor track, 4900 S. Willow Springs Road in Western Springs, will be open to the public from 6 to 7 a.m. on days LTHS is in session. There is no admission charge or fee to use the track. Please bring an ID and be prepared to sign in.
- The Brookfield Elks Lodge, 9022 31st St., hosts bingo the second Sunday of every month. Doors open at 1 p.m. and games start at 2 p.m. with cash payouts.