Photo exhibit at Riverside Town Hall
Riverside Arts Center presents a new photography exhibition, “Love You Bro” featuring the work of Stephanie Graham in the lobby of the Riverside Township Hall, 27 Riverside Road, Riverside, through June 30.
The exhibition explores relationships and how affection is expressed between Black men. Graham is a Chicago artist, photographer and filmmaker addressing themes of social class, subcultures, race and gender.
The exhibition is free and open for viewing Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Blood drive in North Riverside
The North Riverside Parks & Rec along with Firefighters Union Local 2714, Police Union Lodge 73 and the fire department will host a blood drive on March 26 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the gym at the Village Commons, 2401 Desplaines Ave.
For more info or to schedule a donation, call Vitalant at 877-258-4825 or visit vitalant.org and use code ORD0960C. Walk-ins welcome. Mask required.
Radio Players recreate classic shows
The Riverside Township Radio Players will recreate two shows from Radio’s Golden Age on March 25 at 7:30 p.m. in the auditorium of the Riverside Township Hall, 27 Riverside Road in Riverside.
The troupe will perform an “Academy Award Theater” adaptation of “The Maltese Falcon” and the episode “Bank Outing Baseball” from “the comedy series “My Favorite Husband.”
Free. Visit riversidetownshipradioplayers.com for more.
Easter Basket Raffle
The Holy Name Society of St. Paul VI Parish will host its second annual Easter Basket Raffle on April 10 at 3 p.m. Thirty-five baskets containing a spiral-cut ham, smoked sausage, rye bread, butter lamb, houska, eggs, lamb cake, candy and more will be raffled. There will also be split-the-pot drawings
The raffle will be held virtually, so tickets must be purchased in advance at the parish website at stpaulviparish.org. Deadline for entries is April 8 at noon. Call Stephen Piszczor at 708-602-1927 with questions.
Free Easter movie at mall
Classic Cinemas at North Riverside Park Mall, 7501 Cermak Road, will host a free screening of the animated film “Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway” on March 26 at 10 a.m.
Registration required. Must pick up tickets before movie event date. First come, first served while supplies last. Ticket booth open daily noon to 8 p.m. Bring ID for verification.
- Lyons Township High School’s Peaceable School s Initiative Club welcomes holiday basket donations containing anything that might brighten a child’s holiday. Donations benefit needy children at the Off the Streets Club. Drop off items, pre-assembled baskets or monetary donations at either campus main entrance through April 11. Email Michelle Harbin at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- AARP Tax Aid is back at Riverside Public Library, 1 Burling Road, and the Linda Sokol Francis Brookfield Library, 3541 Park Ave., providing free tax assistance for those 60 and older. Volunteers will be at the Riverside Public Library on Wednesdays through April 6 and at the Linda Sokol Francis Brookfield Library on Fridays through April 8. You must register for appointments in person at the respective libraries.
- Riverside Arts Center, 32 E. Quincy St., presents “Unseen Things Are Still Here” featuring the work of Alexandra Antoine, J.B. Daniel, Kate Ingold, Esau McGhee and Elsa Munoz in the Freeark Gallery and outdoor Sculpture Garden through April 9. Proof of vaccine required. Hours are Thursday-Saturday from 1 to 5 p.m.
- North Riverside Public Library, 2400 Desplaines Ave., invites you to visit the Ancestry Help Desk on March 25 by appointment from 2 to 6 p.m. There’s also Club De Lectura (hybrid) discussing “Su Ultimo Dia” by Shari Lapena on March 25 at 10:30 a.m. and in-person Chair Yoga on March 28 at 6:30 p.m.
Register for programs at northriversidelibrary.org/events-new.
- Linda Sokol Francis Brookfield Library, 3541 Park Ave., presents Movies with Marty, featuring the 1937 film “Marked Woman” on March 26 at 1 p.m. and Recycling & Green Cleaning with Kim Carney of Cook County’s Department of Environment on March 28 at 6 p.m.
Call 708-485-6917 or visit brookfield.evanced.info/signup to register for programs.
- Riverside Public Library, 1 Burling Road, invites you to Mindfulness Together meditation with Gina Consolino-Barsotti (in person or Zoom) on March 25 at noon and An Evening with Jenny Lawson, a Zoom program from the author, who is known for sharing her struggles with mental illness, on March 30 at 7 p.m.
The Brookfield Elks Lodge, 9022 31st St., hosts bingo the second Sunday of every month. Doors open at 1 p.m. and games start at 2 p.m. with cash payouts.