Fall Bazaar and Bake Sale
The Holy Guardian Angela Parish Catholic Women’s Club will host its Fall Bazaar and Bake Sale fundraiser on Nov. 19 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the St. Louise de Marillac Church Parish Center, 1113 Harrison Ave., LaGrange Park.
There will be 90 artists, crafters and other vendors offering their products for sale. Last spring’s bazaar drew more than 600 people.
Radio Players recreate classic shows
The Riverside Township Radio Players recreate two more shows from the Golden Age of Radio during their performance on Nov. 18 at 7:30 p.m. in the auditorium of the Riverside Township Hall, 27 Riverside Road in Riverside.
The troupe presents the comedy episode “the Burglar” from “Our Miss Brooks” and the “Marionettes Inc.” written by Ray Bradbury for the science fiction show “X Minus One.”
Shows are free and open to the public. Visit riversidetownshipradioplayers.com for more.
Join the True Crime Club
Are you a true crime buff? Then head to the Linda Sokol Francis Brookfield Library, 3541 Park Ave. on Nov. 23 at 7 p.m. for the first-ever meeting of their True Crime Club.
Learn about bootlegger “Moonshine Mary” Wazeniak, a Polish immigrant who sold illegal – and at least one time, fatal — alcohol out of her LaGrange Park home during Prohibition.
Register to attend by calling 708-485-6917, ext. 130 or online.
Turkey Shoot, in person again
After hosting a virtual event last weekend, the St. Paul VI Parish Holy Name Society will host its first in-person Turkey Shoot since 2019 on Nov. 20 from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Menarik Hall of the St. Hugh Faith Formation Center, 2400 10th Ave., North Riverside.
Fifty turkeys will be raffled off, one every five minutes, along with hundreds of other grocery items, from pumpkin pie and panettone to salami and prasky. Pull tabs and split-the-pot raffles also featured.
Food and drink available for purchase. NFL action on multiple screens and activities and crafts for kids. Call 708-602-1927 for more.
Chess Meet Up
Do you like to play chess? Bring a board or just come to play with other chess enthusiasts during a Chess Meet Up for kids in kindergarten through eighth grade on Nov. 17 from 4 to 5 p.m. at the Riverside Public Library, 1 Burling Road.
No need to register, just drop in to the lower-level Program Room.
- Tallgrass Sudbury School, 82 Woodside Road in Riverside, will host an Open House on Nov. 17 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Learn about the Tallgrass education, get a tour and talk with students, staff and parents. RSVP required. Get link at tallgrasssudbury.org.
- Kuratko-Nosek Funeral Home, 2447 Desplaines Ave. in North Riverside, invites you to fill a holiday stocking for troops overseas and veterans. Stop by Monday through Saturday between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. and pick up a free stocking. Fill it up and return it through Dec. 16. Call 708-447-2500 for more.
- Riverside Arts Center, 32 E. Quincy St. presents “Plot Structure,” featuring paintings by Matthew Girson; “Continue a Poem,” a group show featuring the work of Nicholas Frank, Lauren Fueyo and Nyeema Morgan; and “Dwell,” an installation of sculptures by Margie Glass Sula, through Dec. 30. Gallery hours are Thursday-Saturday from 1 to 5 p.m.
There’s also “The Art of Seeing,” featuring botanical boxes by Shilin Hora, at the Riverside Town Hall, 27 Riverside Road, through Dec. 31. Viewing hours are Monday-Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Visit riversideartscenter.com for more.
- The Brookfield Chamber of Commerce continues its 60-to-Win raffle drawings every Thursday through Nov. 17 at 4:30 p.m. at Joe’s Saloon, 9220 47th St. in Brookfield. You can also watch a livestream on the Brookfield Chamber of Commerce Facebook page.
- North Riverside Public Library, 2400 Desplaines Ave., presents After School Art Escape (child with adult) on Nov. 17 at 4 p.m., a Club de Lectura discussion of “Temporada de Huracanes” by Fernanda Melcho on Nov. 18 at 10:30 a.m., Needle Felting Fun (grades 6-12) on Nov. 19 at 1:30 p.m., Morning Munchkin Stories with Ms. Karen (child with adult) on Nov. 21 at 10:30 a.m., Stretching and Meditation (in person) Nov. 21 at 6:30 p.m. and a Monthly Movie Club screening of “The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel” on Nov. 22 at 2 p.m. Register for programs online.
- Linda Sokol Francis Brookfield Library, 3541 Park Ave., presents Chair Yoga (virtual) on Nov. 17 at 11 a.m., Skittles Bingo (all ages with caregiver) on Nov. 17 at 7 p.m., Military Healthcare and Medicare on Nov. 18 at 10:30 a.m., a Movies with Marty screening of “Planes, Trains and Automobiles” on Nov. 19 at 1 p.m., Chair Zumba on Nov. 21 at 2 p.m., Cards and Coffee on Nov. 22 at 10 a.m. and Family Fun Storynight on Nov. 23 at 6:30 p.m. Call 708-485-6917 or visit online to register for programs.
- Riverside Public Library, 1 Burling Road, presents All-Ages Yoga Storytimes (all ages) on Nov. 18 at 9:30 and 10:15 a.m.; Mindfulness Together Yoga with Gina Barsotti on Nov.18 at 11 a.m.; Science Saturdays on Nov. 19 in the Program Room, all day; All in the Family Genealogy Club: Lithuanian and Polish Ornaments on Nov. 22 at 7 p.m.; and Thanksgiving Storytime on Nov. 23 at 9:30 a.m. To register for programs, visit online.
- The Brookfield Elks Lodge, 9022 31st St., hosts bingo the second Sunday of every month. Doors open at 1 p.m. and games start at 2 p.m. with cash payouts.