RAC Creativity Fest in February
Riverside Arts Center, 32 E. Quincy St., hosts Creativity Fest every Saturday in February, beginning Feb. 4, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Each Saturday brings unique creative projects, activities and workshops for all ages featuring themes of love and care and Black History Month. Stay for the whole time or as long as you’d like.
Suggested donation of $10 per person each day at the door. Visit riversideartscenter.com for more Creativity Fest activities and adults-only evening workshops.
Calling all chess players
The St. Mary Golden Bishops Chess Club and Chess Scholars host an All-Area Chess Tournament on Feb. 11 from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. in the Parish Center and Oak Room at St. Mary School, 97 Herrick Road in Riverside.
There will be two divisions: Grades K-3 and Grades 4-8. Everyone plays five rounds. Top 10 scorers in each division receive trophies and medals. Best school team in each division receives a trophy. A guardian must accompany any child under 11.
Entry fee of $58.25 includes pizza lunch and beverage. Packaged snacks available for sale.
Sign up at learningmeansfun.com/signup and enter code SMR2.11.23 by no later than Feb. 10. Walk-ins available if space allows. Call 847-482-9999 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Reading Between the Wines tickets on sale
Tickets for Reading Between the Wines 2023, a fundraiser for the Riverside Public Library, 1 Burling Road, to be held Feb. 25 from 6:30 to 9 p.m. are now on sale.
Hosted by the Riverside Library Board of Trustees in partnership with Riverside Foods, Reading Between the Wines offers the opportunity to taste great wines from around the globe while enjoying the company of fellow community members. Must be 21 or older. Space is limited.
Tickets are $35 per person or $50, which includes the wine tasting and a breakout port tasting (limited to 20 people). Get tickets by clicking the link at riversidelibrary.org.
Mall Walker Club Breakfast
North Riverside Park Mall, 7501 Cermak Road, hosts a Mall Walker Club Breakfast with guest speaker and fitness expert Andrea Metcalf on Feb. 3 from 9 to 10 a.m.
Join the group in the food court for a stretch session for all ages and abilities to start your year with a fresh approach to a healthy body. Complimentary breakfast included.
RSVP required calling Lorena at 708-442-7605 or emailing to email@example.com. Visit online for more.
- Riverside Arts Center, 32 E. Quincy St., presents artist Bobbi Meier’s show “Imperfect Rituals” through Feb. 18. Gallery hours are Thursday-Saturday from 1 to 5 p.m.
There’s also “Mujer Quetzalcoatl” featuring the work of Alex Velazquez Brightbill, through March 30 in the lobby of the Riverside Township Hall, 27 Riverside Road in Riverside. Viewing hours are Monday-Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- North Riverside Public Library, 2400 Desplaines Ave., presents After School Art Escape (child with adult) on Feb. 2 at 4 p.m., Lego Club on Feb. 3 at 4 p.m., Morning Munchkin Stories with Miss Karen on Feb. 6 at 10:30 a.m., Silly Science (10-under with adult) on Feb. 6 at 4 p.m. Stretching and Meditation on Feb. 6 at 6:30 p.m., Story Safari (child with adult) on Feb. 8 at 10:30 a.m. and Yoga Storytime (ages 2-5 with adult) on Feb. 8 at 1 p.m. Register for programs online.
- Linda Sokol Francis Brookfield Library, 3541 Park Ave., presents Fairytale Storytime on Feb. 2 at 10:30 a.m., A Family Recipe: The Book Tour with author Renee Galvin on Feb. 3 at 4 p.m., Legotastic Saturday (all ages) on Feb. 4 from 10:30 a.m. to noon, Open Board Gaming (BYOG) on Feb. 4 from 3 to 5 p.m., Chair Yoga (virtual) on Feb. 6 at 11 a.m., Climate Progress, But Is It Enough? with the Citizens Climate Education Lobby on Feb. 6 at 7 p.m., Storytime Stars (ages 2-3 with caregiver) on Feb. 7 at 10:30 a.m., Craft Craze: Eco-Friendly Bird Feeder (grades 1-5) on Feb. 8 at 4 p.m. and Family Fun Story Night on Feb. 8 at 6:30 p.m. Call 708-485-6917 or visit online to register for programs.
- Riverside Public Library, 1 Burling Road, presents All Ages Yoga Storytime (all ages) on Feb. 3 at 9:30 and 10:15 a.m., First Saturday Storytime (all ages)on Feb. 4 at 10 a.m., The Versatile Journal Workshop with Carol LaChapelle on Feb. 4 at noon, Mini-Movers Storytime (3-under with caregiver) on Feb. 6 at 9:30 and 10:15 a.m., Little Hands Activity Time (best for ages 1-4) on Feb. 7 at 9:30 a.m. and Central Illinois’ True Crime Stories (online) with Dr. Amanda Vicary on Feb. 7 at 7 p.m. To register for programs, visit online.
- The Brookfield Elks Lodge, 9022 31st St., hosts bingo the second Sunday of every month. Doors open at 1 p.m. and games start at 2 p.m. with cash payouts.